Editors Note

As a prospie, your tour guide played the hard-sell, not-so-nonchalantly dropping the fact that Dartmouth is home to over 200 clubs and organizations.

"Dartmouth's a place where everybody can find his or her niche," she said, smiling extra-widely at all the uncomfortably concerned parents of your fellow odd-ball overachievers. "You'll find your place here."

Fast forward six months. As an eager freshman hoping to meet your new besties, you joined at least 12 of said 200+ organizations, including the Dartmouth Coalition of Global Health and the Dartmouth Mathematical Society. While these clubs have a ton to offer (namely, free pizza), you're disappointed by the lack of ragey tails events or cozy movie nights to fill your flailing social calendar.

Since then, we hope you've found your "place." Or do we? You cliquey betch! What's with your tendency to chow down exclusively with teammates, rage solely with fellow ski patrollers or, dare we say it, date only other D writers? Where does the extracurricular end and the self-segregated social niche begin?

This week we've explored our campus' tendency to subdivide our ever-lauded Dartmouth community from the international student scene to athlete insularity to campus veterans' close ties.

Still can't find what you're looking for? Your friends at The Mirror are always down to hang out.