Mirror Asks: Senior Edition

"Don't miss out on something you'll always remember becauseof stress the stress will become infinitely worse if you accumulate too many regrets." Emily Hirshey

"Don't take life so seriously." Turia Lahlou

"Less frat, more gym." Steve Elliott

"Ice Cream Fore-U is free on the last day it's open in the fall and you can blitz yourself at me.'" Eve Ahearn

"After doing the Suicide Seven and staying on for 13 terms, I'd fi rst tell my freshman self never to do either of these things. The Suicide Seven is the Suicide Seven for a reason! Also, immediately taking math and science courses because you are set on being premed like every other eager freshman is not a thing. I would let myself know that you cannot boycott the language requirement if you don't get the LSA you want. They will make you do it. I'd also stress that Tuesday/Thursday drinking is way better than Monday/Wednesday. But above anything else, I'd make sure my freshman self knew to just do you,' because sometimes it is easy to forget that. Oh and one more thing: Long hair, don't care' is the best standard to live the next four years by! (Except when it comes to language requirements and next on table those things matter)." Matt Scott

"You might think that you'd regret all the time you wasted napping in college. Nope, no regrets." Tom Mandel

"Find a way to take no classes senior Spring, know that it'sokay to ask for help from anyone except servers in Hanoverrestaurants (they hate us), classes that are supposed to beeasy As are not easy As when you don't do any work, everybodypeaks sometime during sophomore year, join Panarchy early,don't eat refrigerated sushi EVER, everyone hates attentionwhores, don't listen to advice." Kathleen Mayer

"Dartmouth is a lot like those bottles of tequila with the worm inside them that you can get in Mexico. It can be fun to drink, but the worm isn't fun to eat." Matt Lifson

"Don't care, party harder. Get rid of the mullet. Don't hook up with someone because he says it's his birthday. Don't fall in love with someone who got 'hursted. Every night is an on night and Green Key is amateur hour. Make friends with S&S and fi nally fi nd Scott McKnight." Emily Duke

"Pour yourself into somethingsmall with infi nite stretch." Marguerite Imbert

"Take time for yourself! Dartmouth is a teeny tiny hamlet and we are constantly surrounded by people. From HCroo the moment we step foot on campus to the best friend we cannot separate from after graduation, people are everywhere. Dorm bathroom, FoCo sandwich line, waiting room at DHMC, frat basement there is always another Dartmouth student nearby ready to make new friends and catch up with old ones. As fulfi lling as this might be, it's important to get away from everyone and think. Remember that this is your Dartmouth and like any good relationship, nothing is better than some one-on-one time. Refl ect on your day, week, term and overall Dartmouth experience. Are you getting anything out of balancing three upper-level government classes this term? Why are you premed? Is being part of that organization going to help or hurt you in the long run? What do you hope to get out of your upcoming FSP? Whether you're down by Mink Brook or looking for a book in Annex B or up near the Robert Frost statue or in the middle of the Green before drill on a misty spring morning, take a deep breath and appreciate the sound of silence. Realize that for however many minutes, you have this moment with Dartmouth." Katie Paxton

"Dear Freshman Sarah,

Please take note:1. Collis does have vegetarian options. You should try eating there, Ibet you would like it. (Horrible not fun fact: I once fi lled out a Gov 10survey ripping Collis for not offering vegetarian options.)2. When trimming your bangs, less is more.3. All-nighters are STOOPID. Stop being STOOPID.

Your senior self thanks you in advance." Sarah Frostenson