The DDS Detective

Every person has that one random summer job he or she is constantly trying to forget about. You know what I'm talking about that time when you gave Duck Tours alongside a group of elderly women, cleaned animal feces out of the cages of your city zoo or served as a branch manager for a local McDonald's (Yes Danny, I saw the pictures). In other words, you'd just rather not talk about it. Well, not to throw her under the bus or anything, but my sister (Meera Krishna '11 hey girl heyyyy!) is a prime example of what I'm talking about. The summer after her senior year, Meera was deciding between conducting research at a university lab or being the shake lady at a sandwich chain called Which Wich. Naturally, having just graduated from high school and in no hurry to plunge back into the academic world, guess which one she chose? For about three months, while I was slaving away somewhere trying to build some semblance of a resume, Meera was making shakes. LOTS of them. She even became somewhat of a celebrity among local businesses they called her the "Which Wich Girl." And though I am pretty sure my sister burned her Which Wich uniform after the summer was over, she did learn how to make a mean Oreo Milkshake. So as I was thinking about Meera and her admittedly fabulous shakes, it made me really frustrated that I always have to wait for Milkshake Tuesdays at Late Night Collis to satisfy my craving. So what if you could have a fabulous milkshake at Collis whenever you wanted? Better yet, what if it tasted like your favorite Collis baked good? Enter the Brownie Milkshake.

1.Get a Collis chocolate brownie of any type (haven't tried it with the non-chocolate varieties, but it could be tasty!) and a carton of fat free milk from the fridge.

2.Get in the smoothie line and ask them to blend the milk with the brownie make sure the smoothie person breaks up the brownie into little pieces before it is put in the blender

1. OPTIONAL: Get a small cup of iced coffee and have that blended into the brownie/milk mixture as well an INCREDIBLE addition for coffee lovers.

As I sign off for the last time this year and many of you return to the charms of your mother's home cooked meals and your favorite local eateries, I wanted to encourage everyone, whether you're a foodie or not, to experiment and go outside of your comfort zone in the realm of food this summer. As for the '12s, I hear Molly's bread is pretty tasty?