The DDS Detective

I don't know about you, but personally I am getting a little bit frustrated with the new flavors of yogurt that Yoplait keeps rolling out. I didn't mind the initial flavors like strawberry or red raspberry, but lately, things have gotten a little out of hand. I walked into FoCo the other day only to see that there was an apple turnover flavor, a strawberry cheesecake flavor and the worst: a red velvet cake flavor. Who would possibly want to replace the flaky tenderness of an apple turnover, the fluffy and delicate taste of a strawberry cheesecake, or the rich moistness of a freshly baked red velvet cake with a synthetic, high fructose corn syrup-laden alternative that can't even coming close to satisfying my baked goods cravings? I understand that a slice of cake isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but I also know that cake-flavored yogurt tastes as much like the real thing as imitation cheese (one word: rubbery). So this week, check out my recipe for an apple cinnamon yogurt sundae the decadent dessert that doesn't substitute the real thing (and if you're still recovering from last week's mac and cheese don't worry this one's actually healthy!)

1.Get a Collis apple (this is crucial the apples at Collis are clearly the best on campus) and ask the sandwich line to cut it into eighths.2.Put the slices in a bowl and sprinkle generously with brown sugar and cinnamon from the smoothie bar.3.Get a cup of Cabot vanilla yogurt from the fridge.4.Squeeze one lemon slice (from by the microwave) evenly onto the apples. 5.Microwave the apples for about a minute, (they should be soft and you should start to see apple-cinnamon juice form on the bottom of the bowl).6.Spoon the vanilla yogurt onto the apples and mix.

Once you eat all of the apple pieces, mix the remaining juice in with the yogurt, and you've got yourself a delicious apple cinnamon yogurt that is actually made from real ingredients take that, Yoplait!