Daily Debriefing

Correction appended

The Order of Omega, Office of Residential Life and Greek Leadership Council hosted their annual awards ceremony on Tuesday to honor the achievement of Greek organizations and their members. This year's organizers focused on increasing the variety of organizations that received the awards and attended the ceremony, according to Order of Omega President Lauren Hartz '09. Approximately 200 people attended, Hartz estimated. Epsilon Kappa Theta sorority received the McEwen Award, which is given by the presidents of Dartmouth's Greek organizations in recognition of a commitment to collaborating with other Greek organizations, among other factors. Alpha Pi Omega sorority received the O'Connor Award, which recognizes outstanding adherence to the six Greek letter organization principles, which include scholarship, leadership, service, inclusivity, brotherhood/sisterhood and accountability.

The Dartmouth Environmental Conservation Organization launched a trash composting program this week at the Courtyard Cafe. The program is part of the College's Energy Conservation Campaign, which aims to reduce Dartmouth's greenhouse gas emissions by 30 percent between 2005 and 2030, according to an ECO e-mail. The campaign aims to reduce the College's greenhouse gas emissions by at least 5,000 metric tons per year, save $500,000 annually through energy conservation and promote individual energy reduction through an energy pledge, the e-mail said. The trash program allows for the separation of compostable contents like solid food and paper products from recyclables like plastic, glass and aluminum.

The Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University said Monday that the number of employees who are participating in the university's early retirement incentive program will be unknown until next week, after the seven day window that allows staff members who originally indicated an interest in the program to change their minds, The Harvard Crimson reported on Tuesday. FAS Dean for Administration and Finance Brett Sweet expects that 14 percent of eligible employees will accept the retirement offer, according to The Crimson. About 15 percent of eligible staff members took advantage of a similar program at Dartmouth.

The original version of this article incorrectly stated that the O'Connor award is given in recognition of scholarship. In fact, the award is given in recognition of outstanding adherence to the six Greek letter organization principles, which include scholarship, leadership, service, inclusivity, brotherhood/sisterhood and accountability.