Around the league

The No. 15 women's lacrosse team is slated to take on No. 19 Cornell on Saturday in Hanover.

The Dartmouth men's lacrosse team will look for its first Ivy League victory this weekend when it travels to the University of Pennsylvania to take on the Quakers. The Big Green (2-5, 0-1 Ivy) is coming off a 12-6 loss to No. 10 Duke University (8-3, 1-1 ACC) last weekend in Stony Brook, N.Y., where Dartmouth committed 21 turnovers to the Blue Devils. Jimmy Mullen '09 led the Big Green's offensive attack, scoring three goals.

Dartmouth will look to bring its conference winning percentage to 50 with a win over the Quakers (1-6, 0-3 Ivy), the only other Ivy without an in-confernece win this season.

Penn fell flat against No. 3 Cornell (6-1, 2-0 Ivy) last weekend 21-11. The Big Red's only loss this year was at the hands of the No. 1 University of Virginia.

No. 5 Princeton (7-1, 1-0 Ivy) defeated Yale (4-4, 1-2 Ivy) last Saturday 11-7 in New Haven, Conn. Back-and-forth action dominated the first three quarters of play before the Tigers were able to take control. The Bulldogs will look to upset Brown (8-1, 1-0 Ivy) this weekend.

Women's Lacrosse

The No. 15 Big Green women's lacrosse team hopes to extended its three-game winning streak against No. 19 Cornell this Saturday at 1 p.m. in Hanover. Dartmouth (5-3, 2-0 Ivy) will look to remain undefeated in the Ivy Leage leading up to its showdown with the No. 3 University of Pennsylvania (9-0, 3-0 Ivy) next weekend.

The Big Green will sport pink jerseys this weekend in the Cornell (5-3, 1-2 Ivy) matchup as it hosts its first-ever Power in Pink game for breast cancer awareness.

Dartmouth annihilated its last two opponents, defeating Fairfield University 17-8 and blowing out Brown (4-4, 1-1 Ivy) 16-1 in a pair of home contests.

No. 7 Princeton (8-1, 2-0 Ivy) beat Cornell last weekend 12-8 before defeating Columbia (5-4, 0-3) on Wednesday, 15-5. Princeton is currently tied for second with the Big Green in the Ivy League standings, with both trailing Penn.

Harvard (4-5, 1-1 Ivy) edged out Yale (3-7, 0-3 Ivy) last weekend 8-5 and will host both Penn and the No. 9 University of Virginia this weekend.

Men's Tennis

The Big Green men's tennis team will be tested with its first Ivy League match on Friday against Cornell (9-4, 0-1 Ivy). Dartmouth (4-10, 0-0 Ivy) traveled to California over spring break, returning home with one win, two losses and one 3-3 draw that ended due to poor weather conditions.

Dartmouth's match against Cornell will kick off the beginning to the team's Ivy League season, and the team will face the other members of the Ancient Eight in its remaining six matches.

The Big Green will face league-leader Columbia (11-5, 1-0 Ivy) Saturday afternoon.

Columbia barely edged out Cornell 4-3 last Saturday, while Princeton (9-6, 1-0) defeated the University of Pennsylvania (9-7, 0-1) by the same margin also on Saturday.

Women's Tennis

The Dartmouth women's tennis team will also take on Cornell (6-8, 1-0 Ivy) and Columbia (4-9, 0-1 Ivy) this weekend in its first conference matches. The Big Green (6-9, 0-0 Ivy) took one win and was handed three losses in its spring break trip to California, ending with a 7-0 blowout loss to Long Beach State University.

Brown (15-2, 1-0 Ivy) stands atop the Ivy standings with its lone conference win coming from its match against Yale (9-5, 0-1 Ivy) last Saturday. The Bears will face both Penn (1-10, 0-1 Ivy) and Princeton (13-9, 1-0) this weekend on the road.

BASEBALL

The Big Green baseball team will look to continue its four-game winning streak and its undefeated Ivy Leage record on Saturday in doubleheader conference play against Princeton (8-10, 1-3 Ivy). The Big Green (9-0, 4-0 Ivy) will continue its Ivy action on Sunday with a doubleheader against Cornell (4-12, 2-2 Ivy).

Dartmouth currently stands on top of the Rolfe Division of the Ivy League, with Brown (11-1, 3-1 Ivy) just one game back. Cornell and Columbia (4-19, 2-2 Ivy) currently share the top position in the Gehrig Division.

Columbia is also slated to play in back-to-back doubleheaders this weekend, facing Yale (6-10, 2-2 Ivy) on Saturday and Brown on Sunday.