Daily Debriefing

The Dartmouth Outing Club announced the directorate for the 2009 Freshmen Trips Thursday in an e-mail to former Trips participants. Scott Limbird '09 will serve as director and Student Body President Molly Bode '09 will be assistant director. Jake Routhier '10, Maisie Breit '10 and James Cart '10 are this year's Trip leader trainers. The chiefs for the five "croos" were also announced. Emily Baumrin '10 and Tanner Tananbaum '10 will lead H-Croo, Ravi Segal '09 and Jan Gromadzki '10 will run Lodj Croo, and Kate Parizeau '10 and Greg Sokol '10 will head Vox Croo. Billy Corbett '10 was named Climbing Croo chief and Eric Larson '10 will be Grant Croo chief.

The Gossip web site JuicyCampus.com shut down permanently on Thursday, putting an end to anonymous online conversations about "Hottest Pledge Class" or "Ragiest Floor." As a result of the economic recession, "online ad revenue has plummeted and venture capital funding has dissolved," Matt Ivester, JuicyCampus CEO and founder, announced Wednesday on his blog. The site had drawn widespread criticism, with students and administrators at several schools across the country attempting to ban the use of JuicyCampus, according to The Chronicle of Higher Education. The state attorney generals of Connecticut and New Jersey are also investigating possible consumer-fraud violations that may have occurred on the site, The Chronicle reported. "While there are parts of JuicyCampus that none of us will miss -- the mean-spirited posts and personal attacks -- it has also been a place for the fun, lighthearted gossip of college life," Ivester said in his farewell blog post. "I hope that is how it is remembered."

The Dartmouth Coalition for Global Health sponsored an internship fair in Collis Common Ground Thursday evening. The event allowed Dartmouth undergraduates who have interned or volunteered abroad to discuss their experiences and advise other students looking for international opportunities. Reuben Hurst '12, associate director of events for DCGH, said there is a huge student interest in global health, but it can be difficult to know where to start looking for opportunities. Most of the presenters were upperclassmen, although some recent alumni also returned to share their experiences, Hurst said. DCGH wanted to represent "all parts of the spectrum," Andrea Imhof '11, associate strategy consultant for DCGH, said. The group included both individuals who received funding through Dartmouth sources such as the John Sloan Dickey Center for International Understanding, and representatives from student-led groups such as Medlife, according to Imhof.