AS SEEN ON: 'Top Chef' contestants face the chopping block

Just five weeks remain in Bravo's "Top Chef: New York," and the heat is on for the five "cheftestants" still in the kitchen. When one false chop could send anybody packing, the chefs will have to step up and prove their skills are sharper than their knives.

The strongest finalist is Stefan Richter, who has won four of the show's Quickfire Challenges and four Elimination Challenges, and has ranked in the top three in two other Elimination Challenges. Consistently crafting world-class dishes with apparent ease, Stefan has momentum on his side.

"I think he is the most talented out of anybody," Jamie Lauren, the most recently ousted chef and a former top contender, told FanCast.com last week. "I think he has a really good shot."

Contestant Leah Cohen, on the other hand, will have to whip up something special if she hopes to avoid the chopping block. The only finalist without a win in any Elimination round, Leah has finished in the bottom three twice in the past four challenges, miraculously outlasting four chefs who had five wins among them.

In other words, Leah's as slick as Teflon.

The other three chefs, however, could give Stefan a run for his money.

Hosea Rosenburg, a seven-time champion of Denver's annual Flatiron Chef Competition, has gone five weeks without winning an Elimination Challenge, but he is also the only chef that has beaten Stefan head-to-head in a Quickfire.

Fabio Viviani, once William Shatner's personal chef, has only one Elimination Challenge win that came nine episodes ago -- but he has since made the top three four times, a success rate second only to that of Stefan.

Carla Hall, meanwhile, has overcome a few early bottom three finishes to take two of the past four Elimination Challenges.

"It will be a race to the finish, that's for sure," former contestant Jeff McInnis said in his own chat with FanCast.com. "Everybody is definitely talented."

Despite the talent of his kitchen-mates, no-nonsense Stefan seems to be the one slicing and dicing his way towards victory.

Serving time is Wednesday at 10 p.m. on Bravo. Get the drama while it's hot.