Police Blotter

June 22, 3:26 a.m., Tuck Mall

Hanover Police responded to an ambulance call regarding a female with possible alcohol poisoning. Officers apprehended the 20-year-old intoxicated student outside Gile Residence Hall. She told police that she had drunk "quite a bit" earlier that evening and had subsequently vomited and called her boyfriend, who called Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. DHMC then called for the ambulance. The female's blood alcohol content was determined to be .162. The student must appear in court on July 22, unless she qualifies for the alcohol diversion program.

June 21, 4:08 p.m., South Park Street

Officers arrested a 37-year-old man from Bradford, Vt. for theft by deception. The suspect was allegedly trying to scam the Hanover Food Co-op by taking products off the shelf, leaving the store with them and then seeking a refund for the stolen items.

June 23, 11:51 p.m., Lebanon Street

Hanover Police observed a vehicle stopped in the parking lot behind Main Street, adjacent to another vehicle. Officers reported that the vehicles' occupants appeared to be moving items back and forth between the vehicles. Minutes later, one of the vehicles ran a red light and did not use a turn signal. Hanover Police stopped the vehicle and noticed Harpoon Beer cases in the back that the occupants had attempted to hide. Officers arrested the driver and passenger, both of whom were underage, for unlawful possession of alcohol.

June 18, 12:39 a.m., Maple Street

Hanover Police responded to a noise disturbance from Maple Street. Upon arrival, officers determined the source of the disturbance and approached a residence. Hanover Police spoke to the occupants and detected alcoholic beverages. They observed and identified one person who they believed to have had too much to drink. The 20-year-old Dartmouth student was arrested for the illegal possession of alcohol and will face charges unless he qualifies for the alcohol diversion program.