Two bands rock FNR for prospies

The tiny lights of FUEL will twinkle especially for the prospective members of the Class of 2011 this Friday, when Friday Night Rock will host both Enon and The Dirty Projectors. Potential incoming freshmen and their hosts are encouraged to partake in the craziness that FNR has come to offer regularly.

Enon played FNR's first "big" show in Fall term 2004, so seniors and juniors who happened to catch that show are in for a bit of deja vu. The freshmen and sophomores - and prospies! - will have their first chance to catch the part-garage rock, part-synth pop band on FUEL's cozy stage. Concert-goers can expect a three-piece band that should infuse lots of energy into the crowd, and also inspire lots of energy for any indie kids who feel like dancing.

The floor lights won't stop sparkling as The Dirty Projectors perform their set, which promises to include "some of the weirdest music you'll ever hear," according to FNR booking manager Don Stewart '06. The band sports "four-part vocal melodies over absurd orchestral arrangements, [which] brings to mind acid-drenched viewings of Alice in Wonderland," said Stewart. "This is the sh*t you would have nightmares about as a kid, but now indulge in every couple weeks. Live, they are stunning."

This FNR double-header boasts the usual free admission, free snacks and free beer (for anyone over 21, sorry prospies, you can't have everything). The doors to FUEL open at 9:30 p.m., and Enon gets under way at 10.