You Ponder This Dartmouth

Dear Chris and Anna,

With the recent beautiful weather, I've been faced with some tough decisions. I just can't justify going to a huge lecture class where a professor won't notice me when I could be swimming at the ledges, or going hiking in the great outdoors or drinking heavily my room. How can I convince myself that Classics 4 is more worthwhile than Classic Rock or that Psych 11 is more important than 11 hours of sleep? Any class-attendance techniques you can pass on to the less motivated among us?

Signed,

Who Helps You Get Organized?

Chris Says: You're damn right we switched the order this week. No more of this "Anna and Chris" business, honestly. As for your question WHYGO?, I definitely agree that you need to get your priorities in order. We come to college for academics and they should be first and foremost in your mind (Hi Mom!). Seriously, though, I actually have no idea what I'm talking about. You only have one Sophomore Summer, so live it up! Forget classes, who needs them? Graduation requirements, like rules, are meant to be broken and classes are meant to be skipped. Stop learning about copper sulfate and go to the copper mines. Don't get roped into going to lectures, hit the rope swing instead. Do some other summer activity that has a word that can be applied to academics! Life is short, lectures are long and the choice is simple.

Anna Says: Wow Chris, you're awesome. You're totally right. I'm really glad that I'm writing this answer all by myself and that you have no involvement in it. While I'm on the subject, I just wanted to say that you are one of my heroes and that I think you're really funny and cool. To solve your predicament, WHYGO?, I think the key lies in moderation. While my compadre advocates completely ignoring your classes, I suggest a balance of going to class. Lock yourself in your room, work ahead, get everything done for the rest of the term this week and then don't worry about school for the rest of the summer. It's the best of both worlds! Don't ignore the problem, take care of it!

A Compromise: Let's see. We'll pick some words from the two answers and combine them to come up with the perfect solution. Hmm ... "Ignore," "Academics," "and "Anna", "Chris" "Is" "Right". Yep, that seems like a good, non-biased assortment of words from both responses. Combine them as you will! Go get 'em, WHYGO!

Until Next time,

Chris and Anna

(Selflessly dispensing advice to the socially awkward and confused and trying not to kill each other in the process, we know because we've been there.)