Quiznos food chain squeezes into Hanover

Quiznos, the national sub chain, will open its doors to hungry Hanover residents early this week in the Hanover Park Building on Lebanon Street.

Brenda Kline, who owns the restaurant with her husband, Mike, said that they hope the restaurant will open for business Tuesday.

The Quiznos in Hanover, which will be the first in the Upper Valley, will face competition from the town's many other restaurants. Brenda, however, said that Quiznos stands out from other restaurants in many ways.

"What makes the sandwiches unique is the toasting -- it really brings out the flavor," Brenda said of the restaurant's method of making its subs. "We also use only premium meats and cheeses, never processed."

Although Quiznos is primarily a sandwich restaurant, offering over 30 varieties, it also includes salads, soups and desserts on its menu.

Brenda plans to create a cheerful environment at the new establishment.

"Our goal is not just to have a restaurant that has good meals but is also an experience," Brenda said.

The Klines, who have lived in the area for eight years, decided to open the Hanover Quiznos after Mike's company was sold. Their son, David, will manage the restaurant.

Upon opening, the Hanover Quiznos will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from noon to 8 p.m. on Sunday. There will be tables on the premises, and takeout will also be available during these hours.

Unlike some other casual dining establishments in the area, Quiznos will not offer late night delivery. Brenda, however, said that they expect to expand their hours and begin catering and delivery services later this spring.

Dartmouth students in the mood for a quick meal will have a new, accessible option in town.

"Sandwich places aren't generally my favorite, but I think Quiznos is definitely better than Subway," Steve Durham '09 said.

Quiznos, which has 4,500 restaurants worldwide, has been in operation for 25 years.