Six men's lacrosse players receive post-season recognition

With the lacrosse season finished, the All-Ivy League selection committee has released its annual list of honorees. Six Dartmouth laxers were recognized, with Jamie Coffin '06, Ben Grinnell '05 and Pat Keeley '05 representing the Big Green on a first team comprised only of students from Cornell, Dartmouth and one individual from Yale.

This is Grinnell's third trip to the All-Ivy League first team.

The Big Green tri-captain notched 19 goals and 20 assists for the season, and after an impressive career, he will finish eighth on Dartmouth's all-time list with 57 assists and 14th with 80 goals.

Keeley -- also a tri-captain -- represents Dartmouth as a stalwart defender. During the preseason, he was picked as a third-team All-American. However, Keeley surpassed all expectations, as he earned All-Ivy honors for his second consecutive year.

Coffin -- the 2003 Ivy League Rookie of the Year -- was just as impressive. Ranking second in the Ivy League in points per contest, he lit up the stat sheet with his 3.67 points per game. Recording 28 goals and 16 assists, Coffin had five hat tricks, including a stellar five-goal night against Quinnipiac this season. Moreover, his 3.67 points per game is 12th in the nation, and his 2.33 goals per game positions him among the top 20 scorers in the country.

"The honor is definitely special to me," Coffin said. "I would rather have gotten an NCAA tourney bid, but it is still nice to be recognized in whatever you do."

Dartmouth's goalkeeper, Andrew Goldstein '05, was nominated to the second team All-Ivy. Leading the Big Green with 110 saves and a .536 save percentage that ranked third in the Ancient Eight, Goldstein proved an integral part of Dartmouth's defense.

Also acknowledged were Nick Bonacci '07 and Dartmouth's third tri-captain, Adam White '05, who were given honorable mentions. White is a member of The Dartmouth staff. This was the first time either player was honored by the All-Ivy selection committee.

"It was pretty clear that Keeley, Goldstein and Grinnell all would have gotten such nice recognition because of their dominating play," Coffin said. "But I think it is very awesome that Adam White and Nick Bonacci finally got recognized for their play since they are unsung heroes on our team."

With impressive performances from all Big Green players, Dartmouth lacrosse finished the season with an 8-4 record, tying them for second place with Princeton. However, with Cornell posting an impeccable 6-0 record, Dartmouth was just edged out from making the NCAA tournament this year.