Quakers near Ivy League title

As the Ivy League season winds down, Penn is opening up its lead in the standings and is looking towards the NCAA women's tournament in March. Led by senior forward Diana Caramanico, who earned Ivy Player of the Week for her effort this weekend when she averaged 22.3 points against Cornell and Columbia, the Quakers swept the weekend and are now close to clinching the Ivy title.

Here's the rundown of what happened over the weekend elsewhere in the league.

Harvard 65, Brown 48

In Boston on Friday, the Crimson took control of the game in the first half with a 20-2 scoring run. The Bears got as close as nine points in the second, but Harvard held on for the win.

Penn 59, Cornell 54

Host team Penn looked a bit sluggish, shooting only 29.9 percent from the floor, but managed to eke out another win from their Ivy schedule. Cornell couldn't hold on in the final six minutes, managing only five points as Penn went for the win.

Columbia 51, Princeton 49 (OT)

The hosting Tigers led most of Friday's game, but Columbia overcame Princeton's 23-18 halftime lead to put the game into overtime. The Lions scored six points in overtime for the victory.

Yale 72, Harvard 61 (OT)

A career-high 27 points for Harvard freshman Hana Peljto wasn't enough to stop the Bulldogs on Saturday in Boston. Peljto put in a trey to send the game into overtime, but Yale outscored the Crimson 19-8 in the extra minutes.

Penn 64, Columbia 53

In Saturday's game in Philadelphia, Penn extended their win-streak to 16 games, putting them two wins away from clinching their first ever Ivy title. The Lions gained some momentum in the last four minutes, but the Quakers held on to take the victory.

Cornell 65, Princeton 60

Cornell scraped by the Tigers on Saturday in Princeton, fending off Princeton's offensive surge in the second half. Princeton came close in the last three minutes, but Big Red senior Jen Linker put in two foul shots to secure the win.