Police refuse to release further details

The state police still refuse to release many details in the murders of Susanne and Half Zantop, and they appear no closer to finding a perpetrator.

State Senior Assistant Attorney General Kelly Ayotte told reporters at a news conference today that "the very large investigation" has been increased with additional man power.

Ayotte said "approximately" five investigators have been added to the case, bringing the total number of investigators with a "broad range of specialities" working full time on the case to about 35.

She reiterated what state Attorney General Philip McLaughlin yesterday -- that there are "no arrests imminent."

The forensic review of the crime scene at 115 Trescott Road is complete, she said, but details will not be available and the home will not be open to the media for at least a "number of days" pursuant to a court order to protect the "integrity of the investigation."

Ayotte said the police have received tips from within the Hanover and Dartmouth communities and also from outside the community, including out of state. She would not say from where the tips came specifically.

Leads are developing daily, but no information about them can be released at this point, Ayotte said.

Ayotte described the investigation as one of the larger ones she has been involved with while she has been in the attorney general's office. She cited the example of a murder in Manchester in which a woman was dismembered as an investigation of similar magnitude.