Our Deepest Thanks

On behalf of the children, families and staff at CHaD, the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth, I would like to extend our deepest thanks to the many individuals who participated in and supported the First Annual Wishing Well Dance Marathon to benefit CHaD. Children's services are very costly and without philanthropic support we would not be able to sustain and expand the specialized services children need and deserve. Events like the Dance Marathon help us accomplish our mission.

We have so many students and groups from the Dartmouth community to thank. To Kim Alexander and Gary Maslow, event organizers, and the Dance Marathon team, our heartfelt thanks for their countless hours spent planning the event and managing the endless details food, music, prizes and much, much more. To the many sororities and fraternities who provided volunteers for all manner of work during the event, thanks for your dedication and hard work. The outpouring from the Dartmouth Greek community made for smooth sailing before, during and after the 14-hour event. To the 110 dancers who made the event a success and who helped to raise both awareness and funds for CHaD, our hats are off to you for your commitment. To the 15 dancers who completed the 14-hour marathon, we salute your spirit, energy and endurance. A very special thank you to the Dartmouth College clubs, committees and governing councils who provided sponsorship funds to support the event. Finally, to all the donors and those hearty souls who came to cheer the dancers on throughout the day and into the wee hours of the night -- thanks. Your contribution to the spirit and fun of the day definitely made a difference.

We are very excited that Dartmouth has joined with so many other colleges and universities who run Dance Marathons to help support children's hospitals. Your philanthropic efforts on behalf of all the kids at CHaD and the service to your community is most appreciated. Three cheers for a job well done!