Sara's First Week

Recently, people have been asking me when I was going to write about my sister's first day's as a freshman. The truth is, I wasn't going to. I'm a senior. I have LSATS to take, personal applications write and a whole bunch of other things to do that also have the potential to ruin the rest of my life. However, last night my sister actually asked when I was going to write about her. I decided if Sara was personally asking for me to satirize her in front of the most diverse freshman class ever then it was an opportunity I could not pass up. Therefore, I have decided to share with the entire school, and especially the cute freshman boys, some of the highlights of Sara's first week.

Being the loving sister that I am, I decided to drive home for a few days to help my sister pack and then move her up to school. You can imagine my dismay when I opened up the front door and all I saw was clothes. Clothes on the table, clothes on the chairs, clothes on the floor, clothes on the sofa and, most amazing of all, clothes still in the closet! I don't know where they all came from, but by the time we were done packing my living room was lined with 14, completely full, 60 gallon garbage bags. Like most freshman, Sara decided she needed to bring everything she owned with her to college, including 22 tank tops and her high school cheerleading outfit. At one point when we were packing I held up a skirt and said, "you haven't worn this in three years." Sara replied, "but I might." There is no use arguing with freshman logic.

Of course, the best part was when we arrived at Sara's 160 sq. ft double and tried to move all her stuff in. At one bleak moment in the process, when it looked like her duffel bag of sweaters would never fit in the room, Sara turned to me and said, "don't worry about it. I can always keep the bag in bed with me if I need to." That's dedication.

The rest of Sara's freshman week was more of the same. She slept through The Night at the Hop and is now the only student on campus who does not possess a Hop T-shirt (she is a little sensitive about this fact so '03s please don't laud yours in front of her). However, she did manage to gain a capture the melon shirt which I have assured her is almost as good. This past week, Sara also acquired a 'shmob. Her shmob consists of six girls, three guys named John, one guy she thinks is named John and another guy named Paul whom she calls John.

As for activities, Sara has decided to join the sailing team. She feared that Hanover would not be cold enough to make good use of her three dozen sweaters and therefore, she has decided to spend the majority of her time seeking out strong winds while sitting in a small exposed boat in the middle of a large, cold lake.

In addition to sailing, Sara also wants to be a lifeguard, a tour guide, take swing dancing and perhaps work as a card swiper at the desk in front of the gym. "it looks like fun" she said. However, in spite of her busy schedule, my sister is still sure she'll have time for classes and perhaps even homework. "It's not like I want to flunk or anything" said Sara.