Class of 2003 Freshman Issue

As we were putting together this issue we couldn't help but envy you. We kept wishing that we could switch roles with you -- that we could be freshmen again, packing our bags to spend four wonderful years at Dartmouth.

We hope you have as much fun reading this paper as we had putting it together. Hopefully these pages contain enough information so that you can make it through the first few weeks without problems. Don't be nervous, all your fellow classmates are experiencing the same butterflies. Dartmouth awaits you with open arms.

Before you come running, however, we wanted to offer you a little advice.

As you pack your belongings and think about the things you're taking and the things you are leaving behind, don't worry about taking too many things (you will). We have one word of advice on what to include on your packing list: wool.

No, seriously, you are probably more worried about what it is going to be like to leave friends and family behind, but we hope you will find at Dartmouth a new circle to complement the old.

Frigid temperatures are actually quite conducive to bonding.

Just kidding. But honestly we hope you will take advantage of the wealth and variety of resources Dartmouth provides, the activities, the outdoors, the political campaigns, whatever floats your boat. Trust us, Dartmouth is yours for the taking, a theme you will see reflected in this issue of The D.

Each one of you will have the opportunity to create your own Dartmouth Experience. We hope we can give you a head start.

Good luck, you have our full support!