PACC Committee gives out first book awards

The one-year-old committee for Principles in Action for a Civil College Community presented its first annual Book Award to six members of the Class of 1998, two member of the Class of 1999 and one member of the Class of 2001 at ceremonies in the Blunt Alumni Center's Zimmerman Lounge yesterday.

PACCC, which consists of students and administrators, was created by former Dean of Residential Life Mary Turco one year ago to deal with civil life problems at the College.

PACCC created the book award in order to recognize students who have contributed to the College community in specific ways.

Candace Crawford '98 received the award in recognition of her work on the Interracial Concerns Committee, her coordination of the Society Organized Against Racism conference and her leading role in preparations for Martin Luther King Day in January of Winter term.

Christal Costello '98 was given the award due to the depth of her dedication to both community service and Aquinas House.

Seniors Jason Hsiao, Adin Kawate, Erica Ryu and Andy Smith and juniors Arthur Desrosiers and Gretchen Saegh and freshman Nicole Vanatko also received the award for projects ranging from the Dartmouth Interactive Directory to service on the College's Presidential Search Committee.