Ziggy to get jiggy with it at Leede Arena

The cold, snowy streets of Hanover will be transformed, if only for one night, into an island of tropical magic as the Programming Board announced yesterday that Ziggy Marley, son of famous reggae artist Bob Marley, will be performing in Leede Arena on March 4th at 8 p.m. Marley will be accompanied by his band, the Melody Makers.

Marley and his group, most of which is made up by his brothers and sisters, have appeared at Dartmouth twice before, receiving rave reviews after both shows. The group's unique sound is produced by a combination of reggae's rich and storied heritage and the newest musical techniques of today. This style has allowed their father's legacy to live on, while allowing them to grow in their own musical directions.

The group, which was formed in the mid-1980s, has sold millions of records, released eight albums and won two Grammy awards.

The opening act has not yet been announced, but the Programming Board did account for Marley's rhythmic style by stating that the concert area would leave "plenty of room for dancing."

Tickets for the Wednesday evening show will go on sale today at noon at the Collis Information Desk. Tickets are $14 for Dartmouth undergraduates, $16 for others.