The 1998 greek house party guide

Alpha Chi Alpha

AXA is co-sponsoring the Original Beach Party with Sigma Delta sorority on Friday the 13th from 10 to 3. This is an invite only party.

The band Special Blend out of St. Louis, Mo. will be performing.

Bones Gate

From 5 to 9, the brothers of Bones Gate will be celebrating Tea.

Funky costume required.

Psi Upsilon

As a prelude to the keg jump on Saturday, Psi U will have a party from 10 to 3 on Friday featuring the band "Chad," (formerly known as "spastic" -- they've played at Psi U several times over the past year.) The band's members have played with Phish, Blues Traveller and Maceo Parker.

Zeta Psi

Zete will liven up the campus with a party on Friday night from 10 to 3.

Alpha Delta

AD will rock the campus with a party on Saturday from 10 to 3 with the popular campus band Groovemerchant providing the tunes.

Chi Gamma Epsilon

Dancing and lots of it will abound at Chi Gam's party on Saturday from 10 to 3 with DJ and kegs.

Chi Heorot

Heorot will liven up the weekend with a party on Saturday, Feb. 14, starting at 11 p.m. and running to 3 a.m.

The brothers of Heorot are also resurrecting a tradition of years past as they attempt to build the famed "Snow Slide" from the Bema down into the backyard of the house.

A timed competition between the brothers will be held on Sunday starting at 1 p.m..

Delta Sigma Theta

Theta will be sponsoring Crimson Cafe at the Collis Commonground on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14 from 5 to 8 p.m. This prelude to the Winter Carnival Formal will include a live jazz band, appetizers and mixed drinks(non-alcoholic) in a club-like atmosphere.

Phi Delta Alpha

On Saturday from 10 to 3, Phi Delt will celebrate the holidays with a Valentine's Day party starring jazz/funk band The Slip, who just got off tour with Medeski, Martin and Wood, Charlie Hunter and Colonel Bruce Hampton.

Phi Tau

Phi Tau has SEX (Sunday Evening Extravaganza) on Sunday at 10 pm.

Sigma Nu

Remember the last time the world teetered on the brink of thermonuclear war and big hair was in? Sigma Nu does. The brothers of Sigma Nu invite the campus to remember those days at The Early Eighties party. Nonstop '80s tunes and dancing.

Early Eighties is closed from 10 to 11 and and opens for the campus at 11 on Saturday night.

Sigma Phi Epsilon

Sig Ep will party in style on Saturday with a traditional Winter Carnival blast from 10 to 3. Don't miss it.