Squash stomped on by Crimson

Last night Harvard swiftly disposed of both the Dartmouth men's and women's squash teams. The men's team took one match in an 8-1 loss while the women were shut out 9-0. Nonetheless, the Dartmouth men's team was happy with its performance.

"Our guys played really well. It was one of the situations where we could have just got blown of the court. The fact we won one match was impressive," coach Chris Brownell said.

Ranked second in the nation, Harvard is a powerhouse. Only Andy Wong '98 was victorious for the Big Green.

The loss leaves Dartmouth at 5-6 and ranked ninth in the nation. Dartmouth is competing with Denison and Williams for the eighth spot in the conference. With this loss, the pressure is on for Dartmouth to finish off the regular season undefeated.

The girls story is very different.

"We're the strongest we've ever been," said Jenny Johnson '99.

Ranked fifth in the nation, the girls are 11-4 and looking to finish up in fourth. Yesterday's match was a disappointment, especially for four seniors who will never play a home squash match again.

"We could have played better individually and as a team," captain Heather Duckworth '98 said. "We want to make it to the top flight of teams like Harvard and Yale. We feel we've got the potential to beat them."

And they'll get the chance to do so at the Howe Cup, or team championships, beginning on February 12 on the campus of Princeton University.