Yalie Who Complained About Dartmouth Marching Band Lacks Sense of Humor

In response to the Yalie who disliked the Dartmouth College Marching Band's pre-game and halftime shows at Yale on Saturday ["Dartmouth College Marching Band Embarrassed Itself and the Ivy League," Oct. 20, The Dartmouth], I suggest that the author owes Dartmouth and the Hanover community an apology. By referring to such blatantly objectionable terms as "G-spot" in a letter appearing in a widely-disseminated publication, she of course risks corrupting the youth of Hanover and offending the sensibilities of the college community. I for one eagerly anticipate her letter of retraction.

Furthermore, what the author saw on Saturday was merely meant to be entertaining, and any stray words the children of New Haven may have picked up they have probably already heard. Besides which, the entire issue begs a larger question: what is wrong with a world in which we cannot all set aside our petty differences and agree that people deriding lovely New Haven and assembling into questionable formations ("Hey! That isn't the Washington Monument!") is pretty cool? I would suggest that the author's letter not only reflects poorly on the Yale community in its careless choice of language, but also aptly demonstrates her own profound humor impairment.