July 27, 2024 | Latest Issue

Trustees celebrate capital campaign

The College's Board of Trustees concluded a quiet Fall term meeting Saturday.

Public Affairs Public Information Manager Rick Adams said the Trustees did not produce any action items from their meetings.

"The fall meeting does not tend to be a big one for business transactions," he said.

Action items are produced whenever the board decides to alter or create school policy -- such as the tuition increase last Spring.

"This meeting there wasn't anything," Adams said. But the Trustees were far from inactive, Adams said.

"They had some of their usual meetings with College administrators -- with the President, faculty and some department heads," he said. "They had a meeting at the medical center Friday morning and had a presentation on what was going on at the Med school currently and on the bicentennial."

The Trustees celebrated the 25th anniversary of coeducation at a reception on Thursday and attended a celebration dinner on Friday night in honor of the success of the Will to Excel capital campaign, Adams said.

"David McCullough, narrator of American Experience on PBS and a Montgomery Fellow last year, was the keynote speaker," he said. "It was just a celebration of the campaign and the tremendous success it had."