Around the Green

Field Hockey: The women's field hockey team hired a new assistant coach late in August. Sue Daddona replaced Amy Fowler who left Dartmouth to take a position at James Madison. Daddona was a University of Delaware graduate where she excelled in both field hockey and lacrosse.

Softball: The Big Green softball team hired a new assistant coach as well. Stacie Bonner, a 1993 Princeton graduate, will look to bring her experience as a pitcher and outfielder to the Big Green beginning this fall.

Football: Dartmouth student's will want to check out October's issue of Vanity Fair where six Big Green football players are featured as part of the magazine's All-Ivy All-Stars. Brian Larsen '97, Trey Bowers '97, Scott Hapgood '97, Zach Walz '98, Mark Abel '97 and Lloyd Lee '98 were all featured in the spread.

Basketball: Dartmouth senior basketball player Sea Lonergan continues to rake in the awards even out of season. Lonergan was recently named a Division I New England College Athletic Conference Athlete of the Year. Last season Lonergan was a unanimous All-Ivy selection and was ranked second among the League scoring leaders with 16.9 points per game. He will be captain of this year's squad.

New Business Manager: The Dartmouth College Athletic Department named Ken Snelling as the new Business Manager last week. Snelling was an assistant executive officer for development and alumni relations at Dartmouth since 1993 and will replace Kathy Cain, who left last June to take a position at William and Mary College.

New Trainer: Dartmouth College Athletic Department also hired William Ford as a new assistant trainer over the summer. Ford was an assistant trainer for the Buffalo Bills football organization for the past four-and-one-half years. He will mainly serve the Big Green football and women's hockey teams.