Henderson: DG plan 'going well'

The Panhellenic Council's attempt to increase membership in Delta Gamma sorority by allowing women to drop out of rush and immediately join the house is "doing well," according to DG President Abbey Henderson '96.

Henderson declined to comment on whether any women had officially joined DG under the special plan, but said the sisters are "really happy with how [rush] went."

"The sisters had a good time, and it seemed like the rushees had a good time," Henderson said.

Panhell President Dani Brune '96 said it is too early to tell if any women have elected to join DG under the new plan because the rushees have not yet met with their rush counselors. Panhell is the self-governing body of the College's sororities.

DG currently has 48 members. Henderson said the house hopes to attract up to 30 more women this term.

In a previous interview with The Dartmouth, Henderson praised the new plan. She said she is "very optimistic about it bringing in a lot of fresh faces."

Brune said the rushees are excited by the new plan because "it is a unique option that hasn't been out there before."

DG's membership significantly decreased last spring when 45 sisters graduated. To compensate for this huge loss, DG last spring offered women the option to forego Fall term rush entirely and immediately join the house.

Henderson said seven women joined the house last spring under that plan.