Lark Quartet to grace the Hop

The Lark Quartet returns for its second of three concerts on Thursday, Feb. 3, in Spaulding Auditorium.

In keeping with their past presentation, the string quartet will perform two works by some of the genre's greatest masters and then a new work by Aaron Jay Kernis, composed for, and premiered by, the Lark in 1990.

Franz Joseph Haydn's Quartet in D Major, Op. 76, No. 5; Ludwig vanBeethoven'sthird "Rasum-ovsky" quartet in C Major, Op. 59, and Kernis' String Quartet (musica celestis) will comprise the program as well.

The Quartet's week-long residencies here have been a flurry of activity. In addition to the formal concerts, they attend several classes, providing students with their perspectives as world-class performers.

They also perform in different venues around campus and perform works by students and faculty.

Their record of acheivements and awards is impressive and well deserved. The quartet, which is comprised of violinists Eva Gruesser and Jennifer Orchard; Anna Kruger, viola, and Astrid Schween, cello, have performed all over the Western world from New York's prestigious Lincoln Center to the Beethoven festival in Moscow's Pushkin Museum.

The performance will take place at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $11.50 for Dartmouth students and can be bought at the Hopkins Center Box Office.