I wanna be a pea-green 'shmen (or at least a '96)

I wanna be a 'shmen. I wanna be so psyched to get into Beta or Chi Gam that I'll climb through a window to do so. I wanna "forget my ID at home" and have to sing the alma mater to get into Bones Gate. I wanna think it's worth it.

I don't want to wear a bracelet proclaiming my status as a 21-year-old.

I wanna share a beer ball with 30 people on Friday evening at 7:00. I wanna introduce myself to everyone within a 50-foot radius, and ask, "So, where are you from?" I wanna be happy with a "B." I wanna think wearing my '94 jersey is the coolest thing ever. I wanna eat at Full Jam, the real Full Jam, not the fake one that they tried to pull off in Home Plate's old space.

I wanna know everyone on my hall by name. I wanna know everyone in the basement of the fraternity I happen to be in. (Who are these people, anyway?) I wanna have to ask upperclassmen named Tang to buy my beer. I wanna go UGA bowling. I wanna think that yes, 9s, 10, 10A really isn't a bad schedule.

I don't want to care about the LSAT, let alone know what it, the MCAT, the GRE or the GMAT even stands for. I don't want to receive anything from the LSDAS. I don't want to have to read the Career Services newsletter. I don't even want to have to know where Career Services is. (By the way, I liked it better when it was "CES" and it was in College Hall.)

I don't want to attend any "information sessions." I don't want to know about careers in investment banking, consulting, marketing and certainly not in Quaker Oats.

I don't want to think about where I would be plotted on the grid of GPA vs. LSAT. I don't believe it when the guy from Georgetown Law says they actually look at your courses and take into account what school you attended. I still think it's all a numbers game.

I don't want to think about where I'm going to be at this time next year. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to hear about it from those people who do know. I don't even want to know those people. And I definitely don't want to know anyone who's engaged. I don't want to think that we're old enough to be engaged.

I wanna receive a decent score from the LSDAS in November. I wanna have a somewhat interesting job next year. I wanna retreat to the freshman year comfort of my friends, a movie and a beer ball.