Luke Mann-O'Halloran
Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., spoke to a student-dominated crowd Tuesday morning shortly after polls opened for the New Hampshire primary.
News

Obama rallies support as polls open

Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., encouraged a crowd of roughly 400 to support his run for the Democratic nomination at a campaign rally Tuesday morning in the Alumni Gymnasium. Focusing on ideology rather than concrete policy proposals, Obama criticized political negativity and stagnancy, ...

Future Dean of the College Thomas Crady, shown here at a lunch sponsored by Palaeopitus, toured the campus on Friday with his family. Crady has worked at Grinnell College in Iowa for the past 25 years.
News

Future Dean of the College Crady visits campus

Future Dean of the College Thomas Crady visited Dartmouth last week, spending Thursday and Friday meeting with various members of the Dartmouth community as part of his preparation to take over for Acting Dean Dan Nelson in January. Crady met with various student groups, including Palaeopitus Senior ...

The Setonian
News

No consensus found on infertility benefits

A College benefits committee failed to reach a consensus on infertility benefits for Dartmouth employees at Thursday afternoon's annual meeting of the Steering Committee of the General Faculty. In an effort to bring Dartmouth's health benefits in line with those of peer institutions, the Council on Benefits has been trying for two years to agree on a recommendation for infertility coverage.

The Setonian
News

Tuck ranks 1st in Forbes business school survey

Correction appended. The Tuck School of Business was ranked first in Forbes Magazine's biennial survey of business schools, the magazine reported on Thursday. The survey ranks schools according to the return students receive on their investment after five years -- in other words, the total money earned in the five years after graduation less the cost of tuition and forgone compensation.

The Setonian
News

Union members convene, protest

"When I'm president, unions will have their voices heard," Gov. Bill Richardson said. "I will appoint a union member as my Secretary of Labor." Richardson, the democratic presidential hopeful for the 2008 election from New Mexico, visited Hanover to speak to members of the Service Employees International Union at their Summer Labor Studies Institute on Saturday.

More articles »