Luke Mann-O'Halloran

Articles

Safety and Security use student ID card tracking

Safety and Security are able to track students' movement through the use of their Dartmouth identification cards, according to Harry Kinne, College proctor and director of Safety and Security.

No consensus found on infertility benefits

A College benefits committee failed to reach a consensus on infertility benefits for Dartmouth employees at Thursday afternoon's annual meeting of the Steering Committee of the General Faculty. In an effort to bring Dartmouth's health benefits in line with those of peer institutions, the Council on Benefits has been trying for two years to agree on a recommendation for infertility coverage.

Tuck ranks 1st in Forbes business school survey

Correction appended. The Tuck School of Business was ranked first in Forbes Magazine's biennial survey of business schools, the magazine reported on Thursday. The survey ranks schools according to the return students receive on their investment after five years -- in other words, the total money earned in the five years after graduation less the cost of tuition and forgone compensation.

Peace Corps alums return to Hanover

During the summer of 1964, a group of 153 recent college graduates spent two months in Hanover for a course in language training before being deployed with the Peace Corps in Africa.

Union members convene, protest

"When I'm president, unions will have their voices heard," Gov. Bill Richardson said. "I will appoint a union member as my Secretary of Labor." Richardson, the democratic presidential hopeful for the 2008 election from New Mexico, visited Hanover to speak to members of the Service Employees International Union at their Summer Labor Studies Institute on Saturday.

Despite the fact that the Elizabeth Mine in Strafford, Vt., is dangerous and protected as private property, it is still frequented by students in the summer.

Copper mines are forbidden fruit

Courtesy of Kevin Pfieffer The Elizabeth Mine in Strafford, Vt., better known to Dartmouth students as the Copper Mines, is a staple destination for the sunny afternoons of sophomore summer.

Advertise your student group in The Dartmouth for free!