Kristine Jiwoo Ahn

Articles

8.1.19.biomass.divyakopalle.jpeg

news

College holds biomass plant forum, responds to criticism

At a forum originally intended to seek feedback on potential locations for the College’s proposed biomass heating facility, discussion driven by attendees largely centered on the facility’s potential environmental impacts. On Wednesday evening, vice president for institutional projects Joshua Keniston led the presentation with approximately 70 community members and Upper Valley residents in attendance at Filene Auditorium. 

news

Third annual '3 Day Startup' kicks off

Today, the Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network will kick-off this year’s “3 Day Startup,” a 72-hour hands-on entrepreneurial workshop for students to create, share and develop their ideas.

Winter Pitch awards funding and support to five teams

Last Thursday, the Digital Arts, Leadership and Innovation Lab and the Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network hosted The Pitch, Dartmouth’s shark-tank style entrepreneurial show, in Filene Auditorium from 7 to 9 p.m. The five selected winning teams were Gift Crate, Turf, Notist, AlertDrive and Cormat.

CPD receives high volume of applications

The Center for Professional Development received more than double the number of fall recruiting applications this year than last, according to figures released by the CPD.

Fraternities hold winter rush

Last weekend, five fraternities extended 49 bids during winter rush. The increase from last year’s 20 bids can be attributed to the lifting of Beta Alpha Omega’s suspension.

King Arthur Flour employees close up for the day at the Baker-Berry Library location.

KAF plans charity fundraiser

King Arthur Flour will hold its second annual MELT: Grilled Cheese Challenge at its flagship store in Norwich, Vermont this Saturday, Jan.

Maribel Sanchez Souther '96, who passed away on Dec. 31 2016, stands with her husband and children.

Maribel Sanchez Souther '96 remembered for vivacious spirit

Maribel Sanchez Souther ’96 knew that there were no shortcuts in life, that if you wanted something, you had to work for it, said her former cross country teammate and long time friend Kristin McGee ’96. A Dartmouth runner, coach and mother of three, Souther passed away on Dec.

Finances, campaigns topic of Town Hall

Around 70 faculty, staff and community members gathered in Spaulding Auditorium yesterday for a town hall, where Executive Vice President Rick Mills and Senior Vice President for Advancement Robert Lasher ’88 spoke about finances and campaigning at Dartmouth. During the question and answer session, Lasher and Mills addressed questions about College President Phil Hanlon’s plan for reallocating a portion of funding from nonacademic to academic areas within the next four years.