Hannah Hye Min Chung

Articles

Amidst student criticism, admissions office offers more information on new need-aware policy

Following the recent announcement of the College’s elimination of its need-blind admissions policy for international students, a group of students are organizing efforts to request that the College release statistical information to justify and explain the implementation of the policy. Interim dean of admissions and financial aid Paul Sunde wrote in an email that the policy came about because the international student population growth had been vastly outpacing the growth of the overall student body and the corresponding growth in financial aid for international students was not sustainable.

Link Up holds conference for middle school girls

One hundred and twenty-two female middle school students from six Upper Valley schools visited the College yesterday to participate in an annual Sister-to-Sister conference hosted by Link Up, a student organization dedicated to fostering connections between Dartmouth community members.

DEN’s first year sees high level of student participation

The Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network Innovation Center and New Venture Incubator is wrapping up its first full operating year, having hosted 43 co-curricular events, including trips to Boston and California, and held programming in support of students interested in entrepreneurship.

Mirror

Finding Your People

There is a saying in Korea that one will make their life long friendships in high school or before — never in college.

Twelve selected for Schweitzer Fellowships

Ten first-year students from the Geisel School of Medicine and two first-year students from the College were selected as fellows for 2015-2016 New Hampshire-Vermont Albert Schweitzer Fellowship. The 12 fellows will each receive a $2,000 stipend for 200 service hours over the course of year. In addition, they have on-site faculty mentorship, along with other forms of support including orientation, retreats and meetings.

Hull, Smith and Will named associate deans

This past Friday, Dean of the faculty Michael Mastanduno announced the appointment of three new associate deans of the arts and sciences. English professor Barbara Will, psychology professor Jay Hull and biology professor Elizabeth Smith will become the associate deans for the arts and humanities, social science and science divisions, respectively, effective July 1.

Improve Dartmouth sees internal restructuring

Improve Dartmouth, an online forum for members of the Dartmouth community to post suggestions, has altered the structure of its leadership team, moving from six moderators to 14 members on four committees.

A group of students demonstrated outside of Alpha Chi Alpha fraternity's Pigstick event and Kappa Delta Epsilon sorority's Derby event Saturday afternoon.

Students protest in solidarity with Baltimore events

Carrying posters bearing the phrases “Black lives matter” and “We can’t breathe,” as well as the Dartmouth-specific “Where are our black profs,” roughly 150 students participated in a protest on Friday afternoon in response to recent events in Baltimore.

Roughly 150 students marched around campus in response to recent events in Baltimore.

Students march on campus in response to Baltimore protests

Mirror

The Upper Valley's "Other" AT

Just as I was assigned to write a piece on riding Advance Transit for three hours, I ran out of ramen noodles and had to send some important documents back to Seoul for my internship in the summer. How handy — I could work on my story and run the errands at the same time! I decided to go to the FedEx shipping center in Lebanon and then drop by Walmart in West Lebanon.

Media