Greg Berger

Articles

Individuals, groups file briefs in case against College

Correction Appended The College, the Association of Alumni and former member of the College Board of Trustees Todd Zywicki '88 have each filed briefs with the New Hampshire Supreme Court, following the filing of an appeal by a group of seven alumni that brought suit against the Board.

Professor appointed to associate deanship

Nancy Marion, former chair of the economics department and economics professor, has been appointed associate dean of the faculty for the social sciences, Dean of Faculty Michael Mastanduno announced in an e-mail on Monday.

College attorneys reject alum settlement offer

The College rejected a proposal from the group of seven alumni who are currently suing the Board of Trustees to end all legal action against the College if parity is restored on the Board, according to a letter from the College's attorneys.

Arts

Anhalt '11 depicts family struggles

In her playwriting debut, Ariela Anhalt '11 chronicles a son's decision whether or not to reveal his engagement to his long-term boyfriend to his ailing father.

Hood receives $1.25 million grant

The Hood Museum of Art received a $1.25 million grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to fund the further incorporation of the Hood's resources with the College's curriculum, according to a College press release.

Settlement offer made in suit against College

The group of seven alumni led by B.V. Brooks '47 which has been engaged in a lawsuit against the College's Board of Trustees since November 2008 offered to discontinue all legal action against the College if the Board restores parity between alumni-elected and Board-selected trustees in an open letter sent to the Board on Wednesday.

Carney position remains vacant

Following former Assistant Dean of Residential Life and Director of Greek Letter Organizations and Societies Deborah Carney's official retirement from her position on June 30, the College has to hire a permanent replacement to act as primary advisor for campus Greek organizations, according to April Thompson, Associate Dean of the College for Campus Life.

Arts

Internet Meme of the Week: BP Spills Coffee

Unless you've been living under a rock with no access to television, Internet, radio or any other news source over the past two months, you have heard about the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

New trustees face mixed reactions

Despite recent criticism from Dartmouth community members about the lack of professional diversity on the Board of Trustees, the Board elected Trevor Rees-Jones '73 and Peggy Epstein Tanner '79 as charter trustees at their June meeting, increasing the total number of trustees with backgrounds in investment and business to 13 of the 22 Board members.