Thirteen Songs for an Alternative Foco Playlist

By Nicole Aboodi | 10/26/17 12:00pm

As you walk into Foco and survey the scene, debate whether to give into your cravings for a cookie or go for the healthier options and consider dark side vs. light side, music hums over the speakers. As you chew your food, you might start to think about what they could play besides the typical Top 40 mix. Well, there’s no need to wonder any further. We’ve compiled an alternative Foco playlist with songs to match every mood.   

1. “Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato: For when you unapologetically inhale every food item Foco offers.

2. “Young, Dumb & Broke” by Khalid: That moment when you’re only showing up to Foco because you’re on the 20 and Collis and KAF have bankrupted your DBA.

3. “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran: A ballad about the moment you bite into a hot, gooey Foco cookie.

4. “The Sound of Silence” by Simon & Garfunkel: For those few brave souls who journey for a Foco breakfast at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning.

5. “Blue Ain’t Your Color” by Keith Urban: For the time that you barge into Foco to seek shelter from the harsh Dartmouth winters.

6. “Sugar, We’re Going Down” by Fall Out Boy: Sing along to this classic as you load up on sugary treats, and brace yourself for the sugar crash. 

7. “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus: Dedicated to the River residents, trekking their way to a meal.

8. “Drinkin’ Problem” by Midland: When the morning classes are becoming too much to handle and coffee is the only thing that can save you.

9. “Gotta Find You” by Joe Jonas: For the person that is searching for their friends. Where are they? Light side? Dark side? Upstairs? Collis?

10. “Broccoli” by D.R.A.M.: Gotta eat your veggies!

11. “I Knew You Were Trouble” by Taylor Swift: An accusatory song for the feeling after eating the sometimes uncooked chicken.

12. “Passionfruit” by Drake: In order to describe the love for smuggling apples and bananas from Foco into your backpack.

13. “See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth)” by Wiz Khalifa: For when you have to say your tearful goodbye for the night, because Foco doesn’t have Late Night.

Nicole Aboodi

nicole.l.aboodi.21@dartmouth.edu