Picks of the Week 16W.4

By The Dartmouth Web Staff | 2/8/16 6:05am

Skizzy Mars – Crash (ft. Pell)

Lucy Tantum: If you looked up "vibes" in the dictionary, you'd probably find this song, which was released in anticipation of Skizzy Mars' debut album.With a rhythm reminiscent of breaking waves, "Crash" showcases the talents of two young artists, Skizzy Mars and Pell. Though they are both rappers, it is their melodic style that stands out from the crowd.

Odesza – "All We Need" (ft. Shy Girls)

Tiantian Zhang: I've been trying to chase down Odesza for the past six months or so.Recently I found out that they'll be at Boston Calling in May, so my friends and I impulsively bought tickets to see them (and many other great artists, too). This is my favorite track off their In Return (2014) album. The bass sounds absolutely amazing on a good speaker system, and it's chill enough to bump in your dorm room while doing a puzzle with friends or in 1902 Room trying to crank out those midterm essays...

Hudson Thames – How I Want Ya (Dawin Remix) ft. Hailee Steinfeld

Grace Miller:Hudson Thames describes himself on his website as:“SKATE RAT. STUDIO PUNK. GOES GREEN, RIDES HARLEY'S, SKATES, OR DOESN'T GET THERE. SINGS HIGH ABOUT HIS LOWS, SINGS LOW ABOUT HIS HIGHS.” Aka, I’m second guessing my rec because that description is just too much. Regardless, this song is a jam. Hailee Steinfeld of "Love Yourself"is featured on it, and I can’t stop playing it on repeat. It’s upbeat enough for a good study pick-me-up, but could also be perfect for a pong game playlist.

The Dartmouth Web Staff