10 Times The Mindy Project Perfectly Captured Life at Dartmouth
Explaining Big Green culture to someone living outside the Dartmouth bubble is never easy. Trippees? Drill? 'Shmob? What the hell is a Foco? Luckily Mindy Kaling, one of our more famous alums (and former cartoonist for The D), is bringing Dartmouth life to the big screen in her TV series, The Mindy Project. While it's true that Mindy Lahiri never attends Dartmouth in the show, we can't help but notice that a few of her experiences perfectly sum up life at Dartmouth:
1. When you're pre-gaming and your UGA knocks on the door.
2. When you wake up late for your discussion class and don’t have time for breakfast.
3. When you can't remember the dances you learned during Trips.
4. When it's the end of the term and you're desperately trying to spend DBA.
5. When you live in McLaughlin but are feeling active.
6. When you come back to campus after your off term and run into someone you met before leaving.
7. When you need to defend taking only three classes to your high school friends.
8. When you try to rage while sober.
9. When you don't understand what's going on in drill.
10. When it's finals week but you're still trying to look put-together.