6 Ways to Step Up Your IM Sports Game
Summer is the perfect time to take up an intramural sport. Whether you’re showing off your softball skills or letting the World Cup get to your head and telling everyone you’re trying out “football,” chances are you could use some advice for amping up your IM game. Dust off those cleats and go borrow a real athlete for practice – we’re about to get sporty.
1. Watch inspirational sports movies to get pumped up. Talladega Nights is always a great selection.
2. Sit on the “athlete” side at Foco – something about the poor lighting and presence of large humans will make you more athletic, I promise.
3. If you’re playing soccer, become Tim Howard. This is a simple step to take and I’m not sure why you haven’t done it already.
4. Trash talk. This is a tried-and-true tactic that has improved morale and inflated egos for as long as sports have existed. Use it to your advantage.
5. Show no mercy. Start walking around campus like you own it. Practice your intimidation techniques.
6. Refuse to show weakness of any sort. Intramural sports are a dog-eat-dog world; if you approach it with the utmost seriousness, you may just emerge victorious.