What It Feels Like When Someone Asks About Your Summer Plans

By Caitlyn Karol | 5/28/14 4:00am

With summer right around the corner, everyone is dreaming of relaxing by the pool, sleeping in and relishing a homework-free environment for a few months before returning back to Hanover in the fall. However, such dreams only last so long before reality sets in and we realize that more is expected of us tireless Ivy League students during these upcoming months.

1. It can be startling when someone pushes to know how you’re spending your summer months when you’re still wondering what happened last summer.

2. Similarly, it’s stressful when relatives press you about your academic pursuits past, present and future over winterim, when all you want to do is relax.

3. And how you are handling planning for a summer of tedious work and accomplishment?

4. Because you’ll run out of your last final like a prisoner out of jail with no intention of working ever again…well, at least for a couple of weeks.

5. And you’re heading for a summer full of swimming,

6. And relaxing.

But even if summer won’t look exactly like it does in your dreams, and you find yourself in the working world rather than at the beach, know that Dartmouth is waiting with another beautiful, fun-filled fall. No matter where or how you spend your summer, there’s always something to look forward to in Hanover.

Caitlyn Karol