The Unfailing Guide to Spotting Prospies

By Samantha Webster, The Dartmouth Staff | 4/14/14 5:00am

This year’s mysterious three-part Dimensions really ups the ante on prospie-spotting. Since we hardly have a grasp on when they’re supposed to be here, there is undoubtedly an increased level of difficulty in picking out the potential ’18s infiltrating campus this month. Thus, in the name of practicality (and entertainment), here is your go-to guide for spotting prospies.

1. The “2018” envelope. It is literally a huge white envelope with “D” and “2018” on it in green font. You can’t miss it.

2. Inquiries of “DBA or meal swipe?” cause them the utmost confusion, and they begin to sweat anxiously as they try to wrap their heads around yet another Dartmouth acronym (FSP? ENVS? BEMA?).

3. Or the more on-their-game prospies pull out their free meal card.

4. They ask where Dartmouth Hall is. Or, alternatively, they try to walk through the middle door into Dartmouth Hall (I know, I know, we’ve all been there).

5. They’re sitting in on your layup distrib-killer class. What part of this seemed interesting to you??

6. They’re not sure what to do in a frat. (Am I allowed to come in? Where is the bar? Are people dancing? How do I play that strange game with the paddles?)

7. They’re talking about SATs, APs or the other colleges they got into.

8. They ask you whether they should choose Harvard or Dartmouth.

9. They manage to do it all while taking selfies. #accepted2018 #dartmouth #ivyleague #college #dimensions

Samantha Webster, The Dartmouth Staff