All Put Together: Spring Trends

By Carinna Arvizo, the Dartmouth Staff | 2/20/14 3:01am

I am tired of wearing winter clothing. It’s always a sweater and some jeans (with a few accessories, of course), and it honestly feels like a uniform to me. This term I’ve found myself online shopping and dreaming of what dresses I will get to wear in the spring. So yes, even though we are currently covered in what seems like 10 feet of snow, I’m writing about upcoming spring trends. Deal with it.

1. I’m sure you’ve noticed the resurgence of the crop top. A simple white one is going to be essential for your spring and summer wardrobe. It’ll go perfectly with skirts, jeans and shorts, and it’s perfect for the days you don’t really want to think about what you’re going to wear.Tip: If you don’t want to show too much of your belly, try wearing high-waisted pants or a skirt with your crop top . Trust me, it’s a good look.

1. Speaking of, high-waisted jeans have officially made a fierce comeback. I’ve been wearing Levi’s high-rise skinny jeans, and I have to say that they’re probably the best jeans I’ve ever owned.

2. I’m personally excited for pastel-colored sunglasses. You’ll be sure to stand out in a sea of Ray Bans with these lavender sunglasses from 3.1 Phillip Lim.

3. Literally anything with daisies. Floral prints are always essential for spring, but this year it’s all about daisies, especially for skirts, like this one from Forever 21. Make sure you wear a solid-colored top so you don’t draw attention away from the daisy skirt.

Carinna Arvizo, the Dartmouth Staff