Waka Flocka Flame to co-headline Green Key concert

Waka Flocka Flame, Two Friends and MAX will be performing as co-headliners at this year’s Green Key concert on May 17, according to the College’s Programming Board.

Max Schneider, who performs under the stage name of MAX, will serve as the opener of the show. MAX’s 2016 “Lights Down Low” emerged as a sleeper hit, entering the Billboard Top 100 and earning platinum status a year after it’s original release. He has also collaborated with Lil Uzi Vert, Ty Dolla $ign, Louis the Child, Quinn XCII and co-headliner Two Friends. 

Two Friends, a Los Angeles-based DJ duo comprised of Eli Sones and Matthew Halper, will follow MAX’s performance. Well-known for their popular “Big Bootie Mixes” on Soundcloud, Two Friends has remixed artists including Steve Aoki, The Killers, Blink-182 and Dua Lipa. 

Waka Flocka Flame will be the final act of the concert. Known for his early hits “Hard in Da Paint” and “No Hands,” Juaquin James Malphurs — who performs under the name Waka Flocka Flame — has continued to produce albums regularly. He has collaborated with Nicki Minaj, Drake, A$AP Rocky, 2 Chainz and Chief Keef. 

The organization of the concert was led by concert director Monica Lee ’19 and executive director Carlos Tifa ’19. In a press release, Programming Board stated that the process to select the artists was “a year-long deliberation process that factored in artist popularity, campus interest, Green Key compatibility and artist availability.” The release stated that the every aspect of the event is organized and managed by students.

Attendance of the Green Key concert is limited to Dartmouth students and their guests, who must be registered with the College. 

Another story with more information will be published in the near future.