Kevin Figgins Jr. '16 died unexpectedly

Kevin Figgins Jr. ’16 died unexpectedly on Dec. 2, College President Phil Hanlon announced in an email to campus Monday afternoon. Figgins was in Nashville, Tennessee, his hometown, at the time of his death.

Figgins, who was in the process of completing his undergraduate degree at Dartmouth, was double majoring in environmental studies and psychology. On campus, he was involved with the First Year Student Enrichment Program, the Dartmouth College Gospel Choir and X.ado, the Christian a cappella group.

Figgins’ funeral will be held at noon on Dec. 15 at the Anointed Life Fellowship Church in Nashville. His family is raising funds on Facebook to help with funeral expenses.

Hanlon wrote that the College will release more information about plans to honor Figgins’ memory when classes resume in the winter.

A full obituary will be published in the near future. If you would like to share a memory, please contact editor@thedartmouth.com.

Counseling resources for students, faculty and staff are available through the Office of Counseling and Human Development, the College chaplain’s office, the dean on call and the Faculty/Employee Assistance Program. Assistance can be obtained by calling Safety and Security at 603-646-4000.

Correction appended (Oct. 16, 2019): This article has been edited to remove euphemisms for death as per The Dartmouth’s style guidelines.