Men's basketball forward Evan Boudreaux '19 announces departure from basketball team

Updated: Nov. 12, 2017 at 11:18 p.m.

Men’s basketball forward Evan Boudreaux ’19 announced this morning via Twitter that he will forego his upcoming junior season, graduate one year early from the College and complete his remaining two seasons of eligibility as a graduate transfer.

“Evan Boudreaux has made the decision to leave the Dartmouth basketball team this week,” head coach David McLaughlin wrote in an email statement. “We wish [Boudreaux] the best in all of his future endeavors, and are happy that he is planning on graduating from Dartmouth as this is such a special and unique college and community.”

During his first two years for the Big Green, Boudreaux was twice named to the U.S. Basketball Writers Association All-District I Team and All-Ivy Second Team. In his first year, he was named Ivy League Rookie of the Year and finished second in the league in scoring average with 17.7 points per game, which broke the Ivy League freshman record. Along the way, he set eight single-season Dartmouth freshmen records. He had continued success in his sophomore campaign, leading the Ivy League in rebounds with 9.5 rebounds per game and was second in scoring with 17.5 points per game.

Out of high school, Boudreaux was a three-star recruit who had offers from Iowa State University, Boston College and Bucknell University — among others — before committing to Dartmouth. Boudreaux’s mother is a member of the Class of 1982 and his brother, Chris, was a member of the Class of 2015.

“I want to thank everyone at Dartmouth who has helped me the past two years,” Boudreaux wrote in a statement posted on his Twitter account. “I wish the team and the program nothing but success moving forward. I am looking forward to finding the right fit and playing the next two seasons as a graduate transfer.”

The men’s basketball team opens its 2017-18 season Saturday against Quinnipiac University.