BREAKING: David Brooks will deliver the 2015 commencement address

David Brooks, conservative political and social commentator known for his regular op-ed column inThe New York Times, will deliverthe College'scommencement address this year on Sunday, June 14.

Brooks, who has penned his column since 2003, is the author of the books "Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There," "On Paradise Drive: How We Live Now (And Always Have) in the Future Tense"and most recently, "The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character and Achievement," which debuted at the top of The New York Times' bestsellers list. Last year, he taught a course titled "Humility" at Yale University and he now appears as a commentator on PBS NewsHour, NPR's All Things Considered and NBC's Sunday morning political show, Meet The Press.

Brooks gave the commencement address at Sewanee, The University of the South in 2013 and at both Brandeis University and Rice University in 2011.

Dartmouth will award Brooks and six others, four of whom are alums, with honorary degrees. Steven Chu, former U.S. Secretary of Energy,willreceive a Doctor of Science, as will Columbia University geochemist and MacArthur fellowTerry Plank ’85.The Collegewill give Doctor of Humane Letters toRussell Carson ’65, philanthropist and co-founder of private equity firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson and Stowe, William Neukom ’64, former executive vice president of law and corporate affairs at Microsoft and founder of the World Justice Project andEarl Lewis, president of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.Valerie Steele ’78, who is the director and curator at the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology, willreceive a Doctor of Arts.