Editors' Note

Dorm rooms — those special little sanctuaries with filled-to-the-brim trash cans, leftover EBAs boxes on top of your bed, everything you've worn this week piled on the floor next to your grimy frat shoes. No, this was not the reality that Jasmine wanted to create for herself. This spring, finally in the single of her dreams (just kidding — it’s in Topliff) with a huge closet that could finally fit her clothes and shoes, she sought to make the room a manifestation of her wonderful personality. She stole lots of Indian trinkets from her family home and hung them up as wall displays. She fashioned a hip chai table complete with mugs and a tea kettle next to her bed. Who knew the chill and clean vibe would be ruined one day when Jasmine caught the stomach bug and barfed all over the carpet, leaving permanent unsightly stains. She is currently looking for a room change for the summer.

By far, Emma’s best-decorated dorm room was her sophomore year triple in Mid Mass. And it wasn’t just because of the charming Christmas lights or the excessive photos of family, friends and Dave Franco. There was the butt wall. The inspiration for this infamous project, called the “Wall of (S)ass,” was a two-hour-long FoCo discussion of what makes a good butt. After weeks of convincing close friends and acquaintances blessed with beautiful butts to pose in front of their disposable camera, Emma and her roommates finally introduced the wall to intrigued and slightly horrified friends. The roommates plan to one day submit the wall to a modern art museum in Berlin and become famous for their revolutionary anthropological study.

Clearly, we know how hard it is to be original when decorating your dorm, so this week we sought out the gems on campus. Take notes, freshmen with the “Animal House” (1978) and Audrey Hepburn posters.