Security reports increase over Green Key revelry

5.20.13.news.GKrecap
5.20.13.news.GKrecap

Last year, Safety and Security filed 36 emergency reports during Green Key. Kinne did not comment on the total number of calls received this year or how many of the reports involved sexual assault.

On Friday, Kinne sent an email alerting campus that a student had broken into a room and stolen items from an alumnus earlier that morning. The student was later arrested and held in Grafton County Correctional Facility. He may face stolen property charges, the Valley News reported.

Safety and Security received a call at 4:15 p.m. on Friday from two women who reported that they had been hit by water balloons launched near Gamma Delta Chi fraternity. Officers spoke to people at the fraternity who said that perpetrators were asked to leave before Safety and Security arrived.

Dartmouth Emergency Medical Services responded to a Good Samaritan call at Chi Gamma Epsilon fraternity at 5:13 p.m. The intoxicated female was transported to DHMC by ambulance and treated at Dick's House later that evening.

At 5:22 p.m., officers apprehended a male student for violating open container laws. He received a ride back to his residence hall, where officers determined he was not intoxicated.

Local police stopped an individual not affiliated with the College at the concert on Gold Coast lawn at approximately 10 p.m.

At 12:25 a.m. on Saturday, officers found an intoxicated female in a bathroom in Morton Hall. She was admitted to Dick's House for the night.

Only two minutes later, Dartmouth EMS assisted an intoxicated female at Chi Gam's Gammapalooza event. She was sent to DHMC and later transported back to Dick's House.

While performing a routine party check in Theta Delta Chi fraternity, officers observed a large amount of water in the fraternity's stairwell at 1:41 a.m. Officers later determined that the water came from a hose used to spray partygoers in the fraternity's basement. Officers did not let anyone else into the basement until the stairs had dried.

Two females, one a Dartmouth student and the other unaffiliated with the College, were sent to Dick's House after being found intoxicated in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Officers also found two intoxicated individuals sleeping in a locked bathroom stall in Cutter Shabazz at 3:48 a.m. One individual was transported to Dick's House, while the other was sent to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for evaluation.

At 5:55 a.m. on Saturday, officers on patrol heard a loud crash and discovered that an individual had overturned two port-a-potties near Blunt Alumni Center. Officers interviewed multiple people in the area but could not identify the responsible individual.

Safety and Security officers also received a call from Massachusetts State Police at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. Massachusetts police officers had found a vehicle owned by a College employee in a rest area on Wednesday. The vehicle was towed and remained unclaimed for three days. Safety and Security officials successfully notified the vehicle's owner on Saturday.

At 5:07 p.m., officers assisted a male individual who stepped on a nail that had punctured his sneaker and cut his foot. He was transported from Theta Delt to DHMC, where he was released later that evening.

Officers responded to two Good Samaritan calls for intoxicated female students in Fahey Hall and Russell Sage Hall only half an hour apart on Saturday evening.

Dartmouth EMS also treated an alumnus suffering from a seafood allergy. He was sent to DHMC from a Channing Cox apartment for further care.

At 1:38 a.m., fireworks were heard near Occom Commons. The individuals who set them off had disappeared before officials could identify them.

Officers found two other students who were visibly intoxicated in the early hours of Sunday. Both were transported to Dick's House.

Officers received a call about a male individual who refused to leave Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity at 2:51 a.m. The intoxicated individual had been asked to leave the premises and was later sent to Dick's House.

Hanover Police officers could not be reached for comment.