Daily Debriefing

Protesters disrupted Admissions Office tours throughout Thursday, according to an email sent to campus tour guides. Students shouted "Don't come here!" at a tour group gathered outside of the Collis Center on Thursday morning. Later that day, protesters intercepted a tour outside of Novack Cafe, where they held signs and chanted, recreating the "Dartmouth Supports" YouTube video posted by Dartmouth RealTalk. Tour guides were encouraged to begin leading tours in pairs, indicating that the Admissions Office expects the protesters to continue.

The body of missing Brown University student Sunil Tripathi was found in the Providence River on Tuesday after a month-long search, The Brown Daily Herald reported. The men's crew team spotted Tripathi's body in the water, but it remains unclear how long his body had been there, and the cause of death is still under investigation. Tripathi's housemates last saw him on March 15, and he was seen by a security camera later that night. Tripathi took a leave of absence from Brown in spring 2011 and had struggled with depression. Following last week's Boston Marathon bombings, Tripathi received international attention when rumors mistakenly identified him as a suspect, though the rumors were confirmed to be false on Friday.

A lecture planned at the State University of New York at Geneseo titled "Against Sexual' Assault' Awareness'" has created an uproar among the student body, Inside Higher Ed reported. Held by philosophy professor Theodore Everett during Sexual Assault Awareness Week, the talk focused on the framing of campus sexual assault dialogue. Giving equal weight to less severe forms of assault takes away emphasis from more severe assaults, including rape, Everett said. SUNY-Geneseo senior Sam White led student resistance, creating a petition that called on the administration to condemn the lecture and reaffirm its commitment to sexual assault awareness. The petition gained 1,690 signatures and was closed after university president Christopher Dahl released a statement saying that although the university condemns sexual assault, he would allow the lecture to continue in the interest of academic debate. Everett gave the lecture on Wednesday night with another philosophy professor who added a feminist perspective.