Vann Island

By Elizabeth McNally '16
By Elizabeth McNally '16

For example, I had the University of New Mexico going to the Final Four. The Lobos had all the ingredients to make a deep tourney run, including a great coach, a veteran squad, lockdown defenders and dynamic wing scorers. Of course, they blew it and my bracket when Harvard upset them last weekend.

As much as it pains me to say it, I wanted to pick Harvard. My gut told me to go with the Crimson. The Ivy Leaguer in me wanted to see us wear the glass slipper in the big dance. But of course, I wavered with the pick instead of going with my heart.

With my bracket in shambles, I've crafted a Dartmouth-specific version in honor of the sweet 16. If you guys don't know, I'm a senior. And sadly that means this is my last term. My last 10 weeks in college. As my man Kanye so eloquently put it, "That sh*t cray."

Don't worry, I'm not going to get all nostalgic on you yet.

I'm a big bucket list kind of guy. It's not like I keep an actual list or creepy journal, but I definitely think about the things I would like to do before I die, or at least before I graduate.

I started working on the list last term. Dartmouth Idol judge check. Polar bear plunge check. Taking a Donald Pease course check. Intramural soccer championship it was in the fall, but check. Befriend the J. Crew employees check.

As you can see, the post-football schedule has opened up time for more tomfoolery, but time is running out to complete the list. It's time to for me, and hopefully you will join me on this quest, to "Live Like We're Dying" (Kris Allen version).

So without further adieu, I present you with the Island Bracketology. I decided to divide the bracket into regions, a la the NCAA tournament, because I have yet to decide what's most important to me girls, the Hill Winds, Hanover cuisine or Facetime.

I can't give away my "picks" just yet. But rest assured, I will do everything in my power to make sure all of these challenges, tasks, whatever you want to call them, can and will be accomplished by the time I graduate. I will give away one secret though. Dartmouth wins, for hosting me in Hanover for four glorious years.