Beyond the Bubble: Au Naturale

As the snow begins to melt and the days grow longer, students are growing restless for the new season just around the corner. The fading of winter also sees the art world examining interactions between nature and humans. Whether your life goal is to stop global warming or you simply enjoy basking in the sun, this week is chock-full of options for nature lovers of all kinds.

Choreographer Jennifer Monson is known for her use of nature in her work. Her latest experimental piece "Live Dancing Archive" includes a solo performance, a video installation and a digital archive. Monson expresses her views on nature flawlessly through mediums that work together in seamless harmony. The Kitchen, a performing arts center in New York City, will showcase "Live Dancing Archive" from Thursday through Saturday.

Science author Virginia Morell's new book, "Animal Wise: The Thoughts and Emotions of Our Fellow Creatures," dives into the world of various animal species. The book, which will appeal to science enthusiasts and animal lovers alike, discusses the controversial and quickly evolving field of animal cognition. Morell sheds light on the most current studies and research while exploring the intimate bond between humans and animals. "Animal Wise" is available for pre-order and will be in stores Feb. 26.

In "Future Weather" (2012), Laduree (Perla Haney-Jardine) is a youngster who is passionate about the environment and abandoned by her parents. The film follows young Laduree as she struggles to cope with the reality that her single mom has left her alone in their home. Also starring Amy Madigan ("Field of Dreams") and Lili Taylor ("Say Anything"), the powerful acting in this film makes it worthy of the acclaim it has received on the festival circuit. Combining nature and family, writer and director Jenny Deller stirs provoking ideas on how to survive when all that is normal is endangered. The film will open in select theaters on Friday.