On expected announcement day, Okonjo-Iweala says Kim will be selected World Bank president

As the World Bank's announcement of its new president approaches, Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala one of two candidates for the post conceded that College President Jim Yong Kim will likely receive the majority of the board of directors' votes for the presidency, The Guardian reported.

"It is voting with political weight and shares, and therefore the United States will get it," Okonjo-Iweala told The Guardian.

Because the an American has historically held the presidency of the World Bank, experts have agreed it is unlikely that Okonjo-Iweala will be selected over Kim. Regardless, this is the first year that a non-American candidate was considered a serious contender, The Guardian reported. Although Okonjo-Iweala will probably not receive the appointment, the selection process for the World Bank president "will never be the same again," she told The Guardian.

Former Colombia Finance Minister Jose Antonio Ocampo, formerly the third nominee for the position, withdrew from the race on Friday. Ocampo has announced he will endorse Okonjo-Iweala, The Guardian reported.

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.