Letter from the Editors

Sporting our finest high school gear wait, Casey, did you even go to Falmouth?

High school is a much more controversial theme than one might initially think. Both of us came to the conclusion that while there are some memories from high school that we will always cherish, there are other times that we'd honestly rather forget. I mean, who wants to remember the time Priya dated a boy for three years and only communicated over instant messenger? Or the time Casey wore three collared shirts... with all three collars popped? At Dartmouth, we make such amazing friends, but it's easy to forget that we didn't actually know these people during what is maybe the most formative period of our lives. Certainly, there are some people that have stayed pretty much the same since high school, and yet there are others whose high school selves would be virtually unrecognizable. Last week, for example, Priya found out that one of her good friends' natural hair color is brown and that she has been dyeing her hair blonde since the start of college. There are also non-physical ways in which people have changed since high school. Looking back on my (Priya) high school self, I am pretty certain that none of my college friends would have liked me. I was kind of annoying, and I talked too fast for people to understand me because I was on the debate team. In the end, Casey and I agreed that while we will always look fondly upon our high school experiences, we'd probably take Trips, formals and DDS over camp-outs, prom and cafeteria food any day.